REANIMATOR TRADE PAPERBACK
Cover: Francesco Francavilla
Writer: Keith Davidsen
Art: Randy Valiente
Publication Date: September 2016
Page Count: 136 pages
ON SALE DATE: 9/7
Dr. Herbert West, The Reanimator, returns! Setting up shop in New Orleans, the brilliant Dr. West continues his life's work: the revival of the dead by purely chemical means. To accomplish this task, he recruits Susan Greene, a young and wide-eyed pharmacologist fascinated by his macabre experiments. Initially unfazed by West's unorthodox practices (including how he funds his research - by selling zombie brain fluid as a narcotic), Susan may regret her scientific curiosity as sinister forces - those aligned with Elder Gods and Haitian Voodoo - begin to align against the Reanimator. DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT proudly resurrects H.P Lovecraft's notorious mad scientist in a fear-fraught tale of Cthulhu tentacle terror and backwater Louisianan superstition!
Bonus features include a thorough "History of The Reanimator" prose introduction by writer Keith Davidsen, an insightful and meticulously researched appendix of Lovecraftian references and creator commentary, never-before-seen design illustrations from artist Randy Valiente, and a complete cover gallery featuring the work of Francesco Francavilla, Jae Lee, Andrew Mangum, Nacho Tenorio, and Tim Seeley.
* "DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT's best book!" - Major Spoilers
* "Reanimator is a textbook for all other would-be rebooters on how to bring franchise ideas fully back to life." - Comic Critique
* "This comic's got heart even if it's in a dissecting tray... If you're a fan of scientists, magic, or eldritch abominations, you'll love this book." - Comic Monsters
* "After many incarnations and guest-starring roles, Herbert West finally gets the solo series he deserves." - Newsarama
* "After a long day at work, I can't think of a better way to unwind." - Paste Magazine